Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I WAS NOT BORN "THE REPROBATE":

PRESCHOOL(NURSERY, LKG, UKG):

My first tryst away from home....walking into nursery class in tears... seeing if my mom has gone back home or not thru the class room window..... crying inconsolably everyday for weeks all thru class ....sometimes forcing my principal to bring my mom from home because supposedly i wouldnt stop crying (sez me mom and my nursery class teacher...STILL THE NURSERY CLASS TEACHER IN MY SCHOOL.... some things never change) .

My closest friend's parents also concur ....

The 'ayaah's' in school taking a liking for me....... peeing under trees with out a care for the world..... gettign scared of "Bikram and Baital" and almost all other things on TV ...... and running into the kitchen whenever it supposedly was
time for it on TV... cousins exploiting the weakness to the hilt (nuthin malicious....... the usual terrorising.the cousins remind me of it from time to time.whenever they think i am acting too smart )

Never realising that i will make friends who will last me a lifetime and more (even today my closest friends are the ones that sat next to me on adjoining benches THEN........ and its been 20 years.WE HAVE ALL GROWN UP TOGETHER... i am eternally grateful )

Seeing my father come back home from work and run like hell to meet him half way on the street so that i can hitch a ride on his back.... yeah.......me even then the sadist... wanting to trouble an amazing man who
had jus worke his arse off for me.

Nursery rhymes learnt, me speaking to the teachers in malayalam..... supposedly for almost half a year, since malayalam and coorgi were very similar languages, my class teacher who was coorgi had no problem understanding what i meant.........


learning to lift the left pinky finger for "it" and not jus stand and "deliver"....

A Class of 14, my teacher altering my marks because i got a zero on a class test and i cried my guts out(heh heh somethings change) .My mom surprised to see me get 10 on 10 and also 5 stars (u know the one with bright green ink.... we did not have GLITTER PENS then...)ON A BLANK SHEET OF PAPER(i had not written a word..) Something that got resolved when my mom came to drop me off to school the next day ..........she and my teacher met and "sorted things out"

Finding heaven in the see-saw and the merry-go-round, sitting on the floor for a CLASS PHOTO THAT IS EVEN TODAY ONE OF MY PRIZED POSESSION...realising now that EVEN THEN.........I COULD NOT SMILE IN FRONT OF A CAMERA

Never realising what being 3 years old meant............Learning to say the school prayer...opening my eyes while the prayer was being told JUST because i was supposed to CLOSE my eyes, going to a nearby park for God knows what .....going back home in the evening with my mom holding my hand all the way back home.........


I HOPE IT RAINS....COZ THEN NO ONE CAN SEE THAT I AM CRYING


13 comments:

Everyman said...

memory provoking! must say, lotsa disimilarities btn urs and my KG days..dont have any friends from those days..hell i dont rem any friends from those days..but i am sure the cryin part wd've been there..cant imagine u cryin :))

and can i see that snap????

Anonymous said...

Touched.

:)

By the way, you got marks coz you cried your eyes out? heh heh heh..

The Sullen Comic said...

@everyman: sure u can....
@piyu: it was LKG.... and then marks did not count but yes she did giv me a 10 on 10

Anonymous said...

Hey seth!
sumbody carried you home,you werent that weird then. one who would not want a single human around ,cried for his mom.....
You were same as everybody when u were still new and fresh.
Would really like to see the photu.

Anwesha Chatterjee said...

wow!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hm

The Sullen Comic said...

@shalini(anon 1):heh heh yes.. i was ONCE normal.........
@anon2: please leave a name
@rajashri: why dont u blog more often??.. the place where u work is DEFI not short of stories and incidents

elpis said...

Why does childhood pass by before we realize its worth?

Hey, this is Abhishek Ram, check out my blog.

The Sullen Comic said...

@Ram........ hey dude.... great to c ya...do drop in more often

Nithin said...

I miss kindergarten, the orange juice and the biscuits and the small benches ................. sigh ....

The Sullen Comic said...

@TINTIN: U mus blog more often hero...
@Zaphod: heh heh .... yeah man... u must BLOG .. cmon... the mail list is reason enuff to start a WHOLE NEW BLOG let alone a new post

FreaKick said...

hey you
i will quote zaph verbatim "you leave me all misty-eyed"
i guess we all share simliar feelings about our past and futures. wonder how misty eyed we will get thinking about all this .s.ay..20 years down the lan.e and of course.. am making a blig entry about our famous list.. describing everyone

FreaKick said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.