Monday, July 17, 2006

Beginnings of the Reprobate

Thanks to the OVERRWHELMING response to the earlier post.. me now trying to document the next critical phase of my otherwise boring life....
Standards 1-3(approximations)
Hmmmm what do i remember from those days??.......well lotts really... ;).Going to school in Uniforms....... wondering where each of my classmates bought their clothes...because everybody looked the same ; (all these facts are noted by my mom in some quaint little mental diary...and throws up such gems whenever she thinks me acts too smart or for that matter tries to act dumb...which.needless to say ..happens all the time...except that...i dont act dumb......i AM dumb)


Finding out there IS a difference between "Sujith" and "Shwetha"... and i thought it was ONLY because of the clothes :) ...... yeah I WAS INNOCENT ONCE.... seeing my mom pinning the handkerchief and the name badge to my chest .Me name then was "Sujith Raghavendra Prasad" ( i know.... pretty huge one.... and that too ;) )and wondering why she did so coz i NEVER used either of them.Learning to sit and eat food IN ONE PLACE..... Finding it very hard initially because 1 st standard........unlike LKG/UKG we had to stay at school the WHOLE
BLOODY DAY... 9 AM to 3:30 PM........i know....Cruel Cruel World........

Learning to speak a language called English.... finally mingling with kids on the street and playing with them after school.taking part in the Annual Day where i was "Letter G" in a sing-song sequence where each one represented the 26 letters of the alphabet ......the guys(including me OBVI) wore LIPSTICK.... MASCARA AND ROUGE and LOTS AND LOTS OF TALCUM POWDER..... yes yes... pictures of that FIASCO remain.. AVAILABLE ON REQUEST ....Twas mine first time on stage...the Photo HAD to be there..Going to school wearing BRIGHTLY polished shoes(polished by my father of course.... this happened till 8 std :) ) yknow .......the famous Bata "Naughty Boy" range.. seeing the school belt and trying in vain to adjust it...... i dont think i can do it EVEN now...i mean its NEVER just right.....

Learning to play sports in a somewhat organised manner and not just running about on the playground Making more friends... losing a few.... gaining on the whole..... forming a GANG of guys in school...... again not realising their importance in my life....

Still standing and peeing but only this time trying to FACE THE WALL :)))

Getting hurt while playing "Lock-and-Key" .... my first Bruise (supposedly some girl pushed me onto the pavement.... and I ........being the chivalrous one even then.....WILFULLY OBLIGED..)... unsurprisingly.....i wailed like a baby..(Hell.......i WAS a baby then) and was excused from going to school the next day....

The family gets a VEHICLE.... an "Ideal Java" motorbike... bought from the military canteen thanks to my uncle who was posted for sumtime in Bangalore........ lotsa other firsts..... the first color TV... the first
fridge(we still have that color TV and fridge.... works pretty well EVEN to this day...)Trying to cope with the fact that i may NOT have things my way at HOME..... as me had a baby sister at home and at school...well......the teachers OBVI got tired of ze tantrums.......

Learning to drink Bournvita out of a glass..... and often spilling it.......coz i used to do exactly what i used to do with a bottle........ turn it full tilt upside down... :))).....Occasionally drank Bournvita OUTTA A BOTTLE tilll i was in 3rd grade.. till my cousins saw and .well..... the 'shaming' continues to this day
Finding that Cerelac IS REALLY TASTY....(STEALING WHEN ME MOM USED TO FEED ME SISTER WITH CERELAC) and demanding the same for breakfast :))....... and GETTING IT

BOY O BOY O BOY.... getting into the CRICKET fever....... playing barefoot on the road.... learning my first 'profanity'....... nothing up the family tree....... jus the usual idiot/stupid.......

Living........ well...... Happily........ among the best days of my life

MY WORLD THEN WORLD DONT SEEM THAT CRUEL ANYMORE


12 comments:

The Sullen Comic said...

@Zaphod_Beeblebrox:U first update yer blog PUNK....BTW glad u seem to b reading My BLOG.CMON....THE MAILING LIST MUST HAVE ENUFF CHARACTERS TO MAKE AN ENTIRE MINISERIES

Anwesha Chatterjee said...

Hey! very nice post..I loved the flow, the gradual growing up. So, are we going to have more in this series? [:)]

You are stating that you are Dumb???? On print??? whoa....you are changing I can see that...somethings in the air..whiff*

The Sullen Comic said...

@Anwesha: yes there are gonna b more of em....

You too can feel it CANTCHA??.. YES.... somethings in the air *WINCING*

Nithin said...

I could actually visualize the picture in which you had "lots and lots of talcum" powder ;). I've had similar experiences in junior school and your post makes me feel nostalgic.

elpis said...

Now that I am not an enemy of the state....I can leave a comment on ur blog...

I couldnt recognize the author until I saw the word "profanity".Very well written though, the details are too much. I cant remember stuff like that.

The Sullen Comic said...

@nitin: glad i could bring back what are "hopefully fond" memories
@thucydides: yes sir... i am accused of havig a reasonably strong memory from time to time

Everyman said...

Hats off to your Elephantine memory mone!! Can't remember much from that period of my life..hardly remember anything at all..

So what did u do with ur old name???

The Sullen Comic said...

@Everyman: safely buried dude.... the school records show my name as Sujith S as they were consolidated only towards the 3-4th standard

Anonymous said...

Ditto! Love the flow... actually even in the previous one.
Whats prompting so much looking back?
Love the affection which oozes fo the memories.

The Sullen Comic said...

@Piyu Roy: the hints are lying VERY MUCH IN THIS COMMENTS LIST

Anonymous said...

nice to see a different side of you........ i always thought u were ignoring the sunny days of your life..... looks like something's REALLY in the air

Anonymous said...

it almost made me cry... yeah, that doesn't take much, but then....