Friday, April 21, 2006

This poem is about a person who accidentally contracts AIDS while donating blood.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

it's my birthday happy birthday to me;
it's my birthday and no one 's come to wish me

i laugh then i cry coz there are'nt many i will see


all i wanted to do was to save lives by giving blood
thanks to my thought i am dying instead
no one now wants to shake my hand
mother father no one understands

no amount of make up can help me conceal
my thoughts my fears the way my mind feels
neighbours friends no one seems to see me
even my dog fails to know me

the pain is'nt in dying the pain is in the wait
i wonder if in hell we enter thru a seperate gate
i hope it s not .no i hope its true
just like u dont wanna see me, i dont wanna see u

The Reprobate

5 comments:

Anwesha Chatterjee said...

Yeah...very tragic when something like that happens, because everyday you watch yourself dying slowly. But I suppose, people are educated enough to know that the disease is not infectious. So, the social stigma notwithstanding, there is support given to such patients.

Nithin said...

Now, we know why you never made it to the blood donation camps

Everyman said...

I come to ur blog after SUCH a long time and i see this overflowing-with-optimism post!

Can't u write something less..ermm..err..deadly???

Nandhu said...

i think it was this poem, after all. it's bad u know :) keep at it though. one day u might actually write ahem ahem poetry.

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»