Monday, April 17, 2006

LEAVE OF ABSENCE:

Owing to tremendous pressure from the millions and millions of my fans,i HAVE decided to updated my blog.I know its been a while but the reason that i didnt update my blog is because of the most obvious one.........nothing happening in my life.
Ok , i shall try to explain the past few weeks in as "interesting" a manner as possible excerpts and musings on the past few weeks..........
I live very close to Salt lake stadium in Kolkata and was hence a passive witness to the local derby match between East Bengal and Mohun Bagan.
the match resulted in East Bengal winning 3-1 and the celebrations which went on tuntil late into the night were to be seen to be believed.Football is alive and kicking in kolkata and its great to see that it is.

Before Last week; I had never really ventured out into main calcutta ( yup!! my calcutta experience was limited to the outpost called Salt Lake City) and for the first time i realised that calcutta is full of paradoxes, a city steeped in a lot of tradition .....that is slowlly but surely crumbling .A city where the immediate needs of growth and expansion are taking its toll on what once was a place with a heart. a city with history and heritage........... a grand old dame whose past will in all probability be a lot more rosy and pleasant than its future or present.

But i could also see a greater side to this, calcutta has a certain rhythm (i dunno how else to put it) newer cities like bangalore (ah sweet sweet bangalore.my home ) are still trying to find their rhythm, but calcutta has found its and has hapily settled into its own tune and beat and is comfortable in it.
Calcutta is a city where everyone thinks they have a chance of making it (the harbourer of dreams....) evryday hundreds of people come into the city hoping to make it big....... most remain jus that.dreams
(to be concluded..don't ask me when)

liked the lyrics.so am posting it

HAND IN MY POCKET--Alanis Morisette

I'm broke but I'm happy
I'm poor but I'm kind
I'm short but I'm healthy, yeah
I'm high but I'm grounded
I'm sane but I'm overwhelmed
I'm lost but I'm hopeful baby
What it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be fine fine fine
I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving a high five
I feel drunk but I'm sober
I'm young and I'm underpaid
I'm tired but I'm working, yeah
I care but I'm restless
I'm here but I'm really gone
I'm wrong and I'm sorry baby

What it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be quite alright
I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is flicking a cigarette
And what it all comes down to
Is that I haven't got it all figured out just yet
I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving the peace sign
I'm free but I'm focused
I'm green but I'm wise
I'm hard but I'm friendly baby
I'm sad but I'm laughing
I'm brave but I'm chickenshit
I'm sick but I'm pretty baby

And what it all boils down to
Is that no one's really got it figured out just yet
I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is playing the piano
And what it all comes down to my friends
Is that everything's just fine fine fine
I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is hailing a taxi cab

2 comments:

Anwesha Chatterjee said...

Yahoooo! This is one of my favourite songs!

I was around the stadium during the close of the match that day and I know how tough it was getting back home, with fans screaming away and blocking all the roads. The thing is that this happens all the time and and has been happenning ever since the EB-MB rivalry, which kinda started during my grandfather's generation!!!! So brace yourself

APUGONNAB said...

I was in Kol for 6 months, and I think the city as a lot to offer, if you want it, that is..

Living in Salt lake may make it difficult to do stuff..

Its odd that you say nothing is happening and mention a football match - when I say nothing is happening, I mean NOT A THING IS HAPPENING!