Wednesday, March 22, 2006

ELEMENTARY MY DEAR WATSURNAME.....

BONJOUR MON AMIS.....(ahhhhh..... French(or german or japanese..) ....... the language freshers like me must learn to speak as a part the the initial training process for the company i work in presently....... and the cause for the exponentially lowered self-confidence in verbal communication during that training perod for many a "tam" and "mallu" (and "gult" and "kannadiga" and northie of my training group ....... yes .NORTHIE..jus like everyone south of maharashtra is a "madrasi" to the northies..... to us "MADRAASIS" everyone north of Maharashtra is a "northie" (i have given the most acceptable,civilised and printable name...for the local ways of addressing NORTHIES are faaar too colourful) ....EXCEPT BONGS..... u guys/and gals are something else man......Maharashtrians........make up yer mind.....)

This fortnight was a very important one for me and ma hommies in ma crib..........for 3 very important reasons

1.WE GOT A GAS CONNECTION (I can hear my liver already thanking me..... tears of joy rolling down its whatever)

2.We managed to get milk supplied to us every morning. Not the “Packaged Milk ” that most of you guys drink… but ASLI GAAY KA DOODH. the (not so) friendly neighborhood milkman supplies milk every morning..

3.(and more importantly)WE GOT BROADBAND INTERNET.....yaaaaaaaay...like all young (or for that matter old) Bachelors(AND Spinsters…...oh puhleeez…..u dunno wat I am talking about right ) deprived of quality "ACTION" (or for that matter ANY action).....we have gone in for the "UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD" plan....no no no YOU DIRTY THING......not for THAT.......we use it to download books, manuals,and sometimes ’teaching aids’ that guide us in our dream …. To repair and strengthen the degrading moral and ethical fibre OF THE WORLD and also enable our spiritual and emotional upliftment (think i overdid that one…….yeah …………i think I KILLED IT )


India has won yet another test match IN INDIA and the whole country is jubilant..with the match throwing up another star performer this time ...Sreesanth ( From my home state of KERALA....... yaay FINALLY Kerala has a National cricketing hero)
But he will never have truly arrived onto the "REALLY REALLY FAMOUS" list in Kerala until.. the ULTIMATE "I HAVE ARRIVED" act .... when he will be asked to inaugurate one of those GOLD SHOWROOMS IN THE GULF (yes yes dubai,sharjah, abu dhabi,muscat, qatar,al-ain, ,bur dubai,ras-al-khaimah....one of those places) for alll u know..the next time india plays in Sharjah, the ground will be filled with Mallus chanting "Sreesanth.....Sreesanth" and Sharjah to him will be as good as.......or for that matter better than playing in Kochi or Tiruvalla...or........Parapanangaadi....a true home away from home


Reading : Freakonomics

Listening to : Disturbed:Down With The Sickness

Quote Hanger:Notre repentir n'est pas tant un regret du mal que nous avons fait, qu'une crainte de celui qui nous en peut arriver.
La Rochefoucauld
(sorry.... french is one of ma weaknesses....)

Translation: Our repentance is not so much sorrow for the ill we have done as fear of the ill that may happen to us.


1 comment:

Everyman said...

I've got what you've got!!!

1) Gas connection : As of now, it sputters to life whenever i think of making yet another tasteless cup of tea..but I assure you that I am getting better at it..The last time I looked at my stove ( 3 days ago) there was a lizard in the middle of the burner..a brave son of a gun that one..

2) I hope the MILMA paal is from an Asli Gaay..but since I stay alone AND since I DONOT have a refrigerator, I am faced with the challenge of finishing half a liter of milk by myself whenever I buy it

3) No broadband..so its a no show here...for now, I get all my education from the ever reliable Television set..

All the best at playing house!! *ahem*