Monday, June 05, 2006

Guys and gals........ from now on the posts will try to divert from triviality... into more hopefully personal stuff............ things are gonna get ugly...... Not for the faint hearted


Memories:

Growing older by the day,(am still only 23.... I think) I realize that the only thing in one’s life that remains the same and doesn’t lose Its sheen vis-à-vis man are memories……..happy, poignant, sad , quirky memories. whatever shape size or form they may be in…..But memories…. The ONLY THING that truly matters in the long run....Elements that remains with you despite u wanting it to go away and fade …. Or for that matter some that disappear and fade away despite u desperately wanting to hold onto them….

Makes me realize ( kinda regrettably so) that the memories in my life are.......relatively boring.......... not too many happy moments in my life ....and lotsa sad ones..... and therefore was just wondering . Is everyone's life so sick and sad and boring and blah blah?... i mean . Its strange to realize that ….I MAY never get the ........"Those were the good ol days u know!!" kind of a feeling... EVER …. No enduring stories to tell friends and laugh when they and I are 60 and have had a bit too much to drink...….my entire life playing as a movie in my head will be jus that; one bad memory after the other, one failure after the other... seems to me that life has…..well……..left me a wee bit short changed...I am not sure if this is just my pessimistic perspective (am accused of it from time to time)....... I just don’t have too many memories of a "happy life"..no enduring memories of time spent with people; Just life spent. Spent moving from one shithole to the other , one rut to the next.... each one deeper and less hopeful than the previous one .I know this is not just a case of selective memory.... I have no answer. I am sure its not just me wanting to whine like a little puppy, I feel that there is a lot of unanswered time in my life.... to put it simply, if I were to get into a coma at age 6 and wake up only today, other than the "education" I have had (which doesn’t amount to a hill of beans in this world…), There is nothing else in life I would have missed(and the atrophy). To all those people who have happy memories...... hold on to them with all your life.....trust me...... Its what life is made of...U LUCKY BASTARDS .Count your blessings…. And be happy.I may only be 23 but ....... i know what i can never have..........

Man has learnt to do a lot of things with science…..But can’t create one simple memory instance…. It would be wonderful to have a Plug and play way of actually loading ones mind with happy memories (artificial ones or for that matter real ones that one seems to have forgotten). If I EVER EVER get rich…….I will be willing to trade all that I would have…..for a few happy memories……. And yet I will know that I would have walked away with the better part of the deal. Most of ya may think I am exaggerating I don’t give a shit about wat ya think. But some of you know wat i am talking about……. Guess we are the unlucky ones…..One's childhood can't be cured. Mine'll hang around my neck like a noose, that's all, instead of a rainbow

-------God gave us memories that we might have roses in December

7 comments:

Everyman said...

I think u need to look harder to find those happy moments...this sure seems to be your pessimistic perspective..and if at all u are really desperate to hv a laugh, just take a look in the mirror!! hehe :))

Relax man..life is never all that bad...

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey seth!U know wat u can have a lot if u only see it with eyes wide open.u close ur eyes when its dawn and u see all dark behind and ahead.

The Sullen Comic said...

@Anonymous 2:waah waah kya dialogue maara hai.... i know who u are so this is jus 4 u ........dialogue likhke rakhna.ek din kaam aayenge

Anonymous said...

I know that you think you have had more than a fair share of problems pains and misfortune... whatever you call it.
I don't agree. I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but I very strongly believe that everyone has a fixed amount of them. Not getting their fav toy maybe as traumatic as not getting their daily meal for a child, it's all just someone's perspective.
There are always 2 ways to deal with any situation, one you come out cynical and bitter and stronger and unharmed by the other. Ofcourse there are a million in-betweens. You just choose your own path. You chose to lash out at your surroudings and what you could and could not have. You chose to run away from them rather than face them and make the most. Do you realise that given the variables, your education is the best you could have got!
You fill your bag with the memories you want, you put the ones which are thorny in the foreground and let the rosier ones slip away...
Not done, my dear friend. In this regard, I can not sympathize with you.

The Sullen Comic said...

Hey ANONYMOUS(latest): Please leave a name or sumthin else by which i can address ya.......
More importantly........ I am not cribbing.... i am jus stating my point...... never have i felt sorry for MYSELF....... as for the education .yes...... but thats because i deserve it....... no one did anything for me.i had to do it on my own..... And if this is who i think it is.... i shall send u a gazillion reasons why i think i have a point.....no cribbing .jus making my point..... u like I can believe what u choose to believe

The Sullen Comic said...

@anonymous(Latest):i am making the most of whatever i have got(which is not much).The fact that u with ur background and high funda education and me with my backgground are somewhat comparable because i took my chances.. the toy vs the meal thing....... is...pardon moi but total bull crap...it shows the disconnect u have with the real world.......
Read carefully...who asked for yer sympathy??...