Tuesday, February 21, 2006

MY JEKYLL DOES'NT HYDE


Me travelling to Mumbai to participate in a quiz , looking forward to meeting some friends there............... tis my first visit to the "city of dreams( many of them remain just that ...... dreams.....)"

BUT MORE ABOUT THAT LATER ................

This is a poem i tried to write as an attempt to try out a new way of poetry writing.......
try and figuring out what it is i am trying to do (and please tell me ....... i still haven't found out ...........)

MY JEKYLL DOES'NT HYDE

Seeing is believing, I dont believe what i see;
I am always happy,but thats not how i feel,
nothing can stop me now,i am trying in vain,
this world is a happy place; I've got used to the pain

Everyone i know loves me, love's something i'll never know
I am always in control , I am doin coz someone told me so
I am a winner,thats something ill never be
I bring smiles all around,thats something ill never see

I believe i can fly,I feel I am made of lead
Tis a beautiful world ,wish someone would shoot me dead
I have lot of friends, its me against the world
All see is smiles, all that glitters isn't gold

I have been lying always, the truth is what i've said
I feel miserable now, now i feel great instead
I have acted all my life ,have never gone down that lane
yet I am a role model .............and I am called insane

The Reprobate

Ok .. This is an attempt to explain the mental state of 2 entities, a man and his alter ego(Kinda Jekyll and Hyde TYPES.. hence the name ....... DUH!!!)....
Its the struggle of a man who tries to put up a cheerful face (mostly lying to himself....)
The first part of each line tells us his general response to life to the external world . the second part of every line tells us how he is actually feeling( )............ and the last stanza well figure it out for yourselves

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wat do u see when u look in the mirror???????

Anwesha Chatterjee said...

Hmmmmm.....it is quite 'hatke'...

Everyman said...

I liked the anithesis (is that the right word i wonder..) in each line..but i think it can be better organized..in terms of thoughts..or is it designed to be chaotic?

I think the last stanza is what happens to these two as time goes by..finally 'Jekyl' gets tired of the show..and 'Hyde' feels liberated..

APUGONNAB said...

It appeals to me...all of us have the jekyl and hyde in us, just that we refuse to acknowledge it...'coz the world can accept only one emotion at a time..

its beautiful.. structured and chaotic :D